Position Title: Shipping Clerk
Plan loads to customers based on order quantities; combine them to make multiple stop deliveries to maximize trailer utilization and minimize costs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up delivery appointments for loads planned
- Set up customer pick ups
- Cut bills for all loads
- Communicate with logistics all outbound loads and delivery times
- Must be qualified to properly operate the forklift.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, training and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to solve a variety of problems and deal with situations where limited information or standardization exists.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, and volumes.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Application knowledge and skill for computer data entry
- Quality standards – both ISO and QS
- Equipment used in an office operation and it’s capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- This also supports the Service Manager role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA, DEQ and EEO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee is sometimes required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving equipment in the work area.
- The employee is sometimes exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, along with hot and cold temperatures depending upon the season.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Microsoft Excel experience
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Prior work experience as a forklift operator.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Declaration: The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Veterans / Disabled (EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled) Employer, it is the Company's policy to hire and promote the most qualified applicants and to comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws.