Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Stacker responsible for all activities associated with stacking the equipment and helping the operators including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Read and follow instructions on factory masters.
- Set-up bundler, hold down arm, load former, and delivery end of machine accurately in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Secure proper cover sheets, tie sheets, and load tags for production runs.
- Stack finished boxes in accordance with factory master.
- Ensure each unit has proper top and bottom cover sheets, tie sheets, and load tags.
- Monitor quality of boxes and report quality problems to Operator.
- Assist operator and first helper as necessary.
- Be willing to move up the line of progression to operator regardless of shift.
- Ensure correct bundle and unit counts.
- Report final count of piece unit to operator.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Helps operators adhere to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- HS Diploma/GED
- One year of experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work with a team
Ability to read and follow written and oral instruction. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts
such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables
in standardized situations.TECHNICAL SKILLS
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
Quality standardsPHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the Stacker will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the
areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set
annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow
professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will
be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her
behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the
business through new and innovative ideas.