Position purposeResponsible for assisting in activities associated with running the rotary die cutters including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations. Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Set-up print and die cut sections of die cutters in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured.
- Inspect anilox rolls for damage, before and after each run.
- Inspect all dies before and after the run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run.
- Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose liner, warp, correct size, and print.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Cross train on other machines.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Adheres to the production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED
- Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Prior work experience in the corrugated industry
- Comply with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Basic PC skills
- Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction
- Must have good performance work history and excellent attendance history
- Must be self-motivated
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.REASONING ABILITY
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.TECHNICAL SKILLS
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.