Want faster benefits in a thriving industry? Have 2+ years of manufacturing maintenance experience and looking to grow your career? Look no further!
Perks of Pratt?
Insurance benefits and wellness reimbursement program within ONE MONTH of hire
3 Months: 401(k) with match
6 Months: PAID vacation days
12 Months: FULL tuition reimbursement and PAID childbearing and parenting leave
Skills and Qualifications?
1. High School Diploma/GED
2. 2+ years of manufacturing maintenance experience
3. Electrical and mechanical experience
What do Manufacturing Mechanics do at Pratt Industries?
Our Manufacturing Mechanics maintain and repair the machinery and building involved in turning recycled paper into sheets of Corrugated board and getting them to our customers! Think boxes for Domino’s pizzas, moving with Home Depot, Amazon deliveries, Hello Fresh meals, and more! (And yes, we make those!)
Jump on the path of a lifelong career! Click apply to start the process!
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager/Maintenance Supervisor
Installing and maintaining equipment, performing preventative maintenance and repairs, and applying knowledge in a variety of skilled trade areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Interpret electrical and mechanical diagrams and drawings
• Mount electrical components including: drives, servos, PC’s, PLC’s, circuit breakers, transformers, relays, contractors, terminals, fuse boxes, or other required industrial control devices
• Perform crimps, screws, bolts, rivets, solders, cements, press fits, or similar operations to join or secure parts in place using hand tools, power tools, and automation equipment
• Perform wiring of electrical components and labeling of all devices and wires
• Rely on prior experience, training, engineering, and data charts in order to make wiring decisions related to size, color, and routing
• Cut, strip, bend, and form wire cable and conduit used to connect circuits and sub-assemblies
• Solder connections and crimps connectors to wire ends
• Perform in production inspection, conduct functional and continuity tests of electrical assemblies, components, wire harness, and plugs (using an ohmmeter, test lights, and other electrical testing instruments) in order to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards
• Maintain company standards for quality
• Exercise safe work habits and maintain a clean and safe working area
• Complete additional responsibilities as assigned (such as cable assemblies, shipping and receiving, and light fabrications)
ADDITIONAL DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
• Installs, maintains, and repairs machines and equipment in plants and related facilities.
• Performs a variety of preventative maintenance on parts, pumps, motors, die cutter machines, hydraulic systems, conveyors, steam systems, and related plant and facility equipment.
• Reads, reviews, and applies blueprints, schematics, and operating manuals to fix, repair, and maintain equipment.
• Performs a variety of maintenance tasks requiring knowledge of plumbing, pipe-fitting, basic carpentry, electrical, electronics, welding, and other skilled trades as appropriate or applicable.
• Operates a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, and machinery in the maintenance, repair, and fabrication of parts, machines and equipment.
• Accurately completes work orders and paperwork regarding daily maintenance and repair duties.
• Assists with plant inspections and related facilities for mechanical and equipment problems, reviews and examines areas, and determines appropriate action(s).
• Ensures compliance with Pratt operating policies and procedures to maintain a safe environment and efficient operations; may require the employee to wear safety equipment or gear.
• Assists with maintaining a clean and safe working environment and may perform various janitorial or housekeeping tasks.
• Works flexible hours and shifts; including weekend work.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Two to five years of experience within a manufacturing or maintenance environment. Candidate PREFERRED who has prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
High school graduate or equivalent education and experience. Apprenticeship or Associates degree is preferred.
• Electrical and mechanical experience a must;
• Applying general maintenance and repair principles and practices;
• Operating a variety of hand, power and power equipment;
• Reading and applying blueprints, schematics, and other information;
• Ability to apply various principles and practices in a variety of skilled-trades areas;
• Complying with safety and operational guidelines, policies, and procedures;
• Basic PC skills;
• Communicating with co-workers to provide and receive direction;
• Must have good performance work history and excellent attendance history;
• Must be self-motivated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.