Responsible for all activities associated with safely operating and caring for the clamptruck.Responsibilities/Duties/Functions/Tasks
- Take rolls of paper to the corrugator, always taking buttrolls first, and record all rolls taken to the corrugator on the proper forms.
- Learn to read corrugator lineups.
- Mark buttrolls as to the size, diameter, lineal footage, and grade before returning to stock.
- Unload rolls from trailers and/or rail cars. Check for and note any physical damage to the rolls.
- Operate the clamptruck in a safe manner.
- Complete clamptruck inspection report at the beginning of each shift and turn in maintenance work orders to supervision for needed repairs.
- Keep warehouse organized and clean.
- Turn in roll stock tallies to the corrugator supervisor or Scheduling Department.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed.
- Adheres to daily production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality, delivery and service goals.
- Assist the corrugator operator as instructed by supervision.
- Make starch as needed per company formula.
- Check viscosities on corrugator and at starch station as necessary.
- Accurately record daily starch checklist.
- Maintain the waste water treatment facility.
- Monitor inventory levels of starch and chemicals.
- Read related MSDS and learn proper response for emergency chemical spills or skin contact.
- Assist in the wet end training of the doublebacker and dry end personnel.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- HS Diploma/GED
- One year of experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Prior industrial power truck or heavy equipment operating experience.
- Ability to work with a team
Ability to read and follow written and oral instruction. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts
such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written,
oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables
in standardized situations.TECHNICAL SKILLS
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
A current Lift Truck/Clamp Truck Operator License is required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and
talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally
required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the Clamp Truck Operator will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the
areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set
annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow
professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will
be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her
behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the
business through new and innovative ideas.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.