Education and/or Experience:
Post-secondary educational degree (2 to 4 year degree from college, university, technical-school, military, vocational or other advanced educational institution) is required.
**24+ months of related work experience**
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician installs, services, troubleshoots, and performs preventive and predictive maintenance functions on plant equipment. This equipment includes but is not limited to; plant lighting equipment, electrical circuits, motors, starters, motor control centers, programmable controllers, control panels, transformers, switches, transmitters, automatic valves, regulators, guide systems, distributed control systems, PLC's, overhead cranes, etc. May perform additional duties as assigned. This job may require assignment to a rotating shift schedule. The Electrical and Instrumentation Technician must be able to read orders, possess basic to intermediate math skills, read and understand technical manuals and literature and be able to operate motorized equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts, Genie lifts, hoists and cranes.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Mental Ability - Must be able to read orders & prepare reports legibly and properly. Must be able to communicate orally with all personnel in the plant. Must be able to operate a calculator for basic mathematical computations. Basic typing skills are essential because shift logs, reports, and emails must be composed.
2. Physical Ability- The Electrical and Instrumentation Technician Level 2 must be able to work with hand and power tools and requires manual dexterity with both hands. Must be able climb in and out of motorized equipment and be able to operate two foot pedals as well as operate both hands/arms for driving and lift controls. Must have excellent depth perception to maneuver motorized equipment around crowded areas with co-workers nearby. Manual lifting of items is frequent. Must be able to move, position, and climb ladders in a safe manner.
3. Safety - It is plant policy to work in a safe manner. All Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians Level 2 must ensure guards are in place, follow plant & safety rules, policies, and procedures. Must secure all open electrical panels and insure that all abandoned wiring is disconnected from all power sources. Must follow the posted PPE requirements for arc-flash protection. PPE must be worn per posted plant regulations when work on energized circuits is required. Eye protection must be worn when cutting, drilling or other machining operations are performed. Hearing protection must be worn at all times. Must follow lockout/ tag out procedures and assist with lockout/tag out for maintenance and operations tasks. Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic circuits is necessary to help insure safe lockout/tag outs. Must be able to lift items up to 50 lbs. in a safe manner and determine when help is needed to lift heavier items. Attendance to all Safety Meetings is mandatory.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Multi-Digit Number Recognition
2. Good Mathematical Skills
3. Good Handwriting
4. Ability to work well with others
5. Ability to work flexible hours
6. Must be prompt
7. Ability to constantly observe immediate area for hazards, tight spaces, pedestrians, etc..
8. Practical application training may require some out-of-state travel to various other Pratt Paper Mills
9. Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, shoes, gloves, etc…)
10. Drug testing/Screening, Background Checks, Physical exam, and Reference Checks.
11. Demonstrates a proven record of learning aptitude
12. Participate in ongoing educational certificate training program provided
13. Housekeeping, including washing up, sweeping, and shoveling debris.
14. Working knowledge of equipment design for process troubleshooting.
15. Perform other tasks as required by Mill Management.
Physical Description: Work can be physically and mentally demanding at times. Electrical and Instrumentation Technicians Level 2 must be able to physically change valves, transmitters, and small motors as needed. Must be able to observe immediate and overall areas for electrical hazards and take appropriate action. Simple rigging skills are required. Sweeping and mopping MCC and other work areas and emptying garbage cans is required. Cleaning up leaks and spills is required as needed.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/
Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled (EEO/AA/Vets/Disabled) Employer,
it is the Company's policy to hire and promote the most qualified applicants and
to comply with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws.
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Requirements:
1) Practical application training may require some out-of-state travel to various other Pratt Paper Mills
2) Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, shoes, gloves, etc…)
3) Drug testing/Screening, Background Checks, Physical exam, and Reference Checks
4) Demonstrates a proven record of learning aptitude
5) Participate in ongoing educational certificate training program provided
6) Housekeeping, including washing up, sweeping, and shoveling debris.
7) Working knowledge of equipment design for process troubleshooting.
8) Perform other tasks as required by Mill Management.