This individual will be responsible for the overall site ownership for best maintenance practices, assisting with capital and maintenance projects and supporting corporate initiatives. In addition, the Mechanical Maintenance Manager will coordinate the mill maintenance business strategy/plan, oversee preventive maintenance and planned maintenance completion.
- Report to Maintenance and Engineering Manager any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program.
- Oversee and plan contract work and installations done by outside vendors.
- Assist in selection, evaluation, and installation of capital and expense projects.
- Assist production areas with troubleshooting and other assistance as needed
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, safety program, and good housekeeping.
- Improve and lead the maintenance organization, designing and implementing long-term continuous improvement applications and systems to enhance the longevity of the site’s equipment.
- Actively participate in planning and executing outages for the facility
- Responsible for maintaining records associated with mechanical integrity.
- Provide on-call and weekend duty coverage within a designated rotation
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- Interpreting and applying department policies and procedures and applicable laws, rules, and regulations;
- Solving problems and recommending solutions;
- Understanding of basic operations management principles;
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blue prints, P&ID’s, and procedure manuals.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); and other applicable applications;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Leading root cause analysis and problem solving teams. Analytical and field troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical machinery, including conveyer systems, breakers, boilers, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, etc.
Five (5) – Ten (10) years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
Bachelor's degree or higher in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Pulp/Paper or Chemical.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The individual must posses the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative of the company. Ability to influence others.
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills.