Responsible for various activities associated with the fulfillment and pack-out procedures and processes associated with Company and Converting Department projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and follow instructions as provided by the supervisor.
- Work together with crew/team in production projects.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Maximize piece-rate speed on tasks assigned.
- Cross-train for other job positions as necessary.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in equipment work orders to supervision for needed repairs. Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment.
- Switch duties with First Helper as necessary.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum high school diploma or GED required
- Candidates are preferred who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in the corrugated industry.
- Prior work experience in a fulfillment operation.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.