Responsible for creating structural and graphic packaging and display samples to assist Sales Representatives in sales promotions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Discuss packaging or display projects with our sales representatives, create and execute designs using Artios CAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and 3D renderings programs all dependent on each project required needs.
- Knowledge of and comfort using Windows/MAC software for all design programs.
- Make samples on Kongsberg CAD table or cut samples by hand.
- Produce packaging prototypes.
- Formulate and communicate ideas for new artwork/structure analyzing customer needs and production feasibility.
- Have knowledge of various printing equipment and printing processes.
- Assist tooling coordinator (or Purchasing Manager) to ensure tooling is ordered properly and master print card/CAD specs are provided in a timely fashion.
- Handle various art-related projects for inter company management.
- Record keeping and filing of specifications.
- Meet time schedules on projects with possible overtime involved.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by Design Manager and/or GM.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College education or heavy college coursework in the field of computers, CAD, graphics, and drafting, or applicable work experience.
- Good communicator with customers and sales staff.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge of Artios CAD, Kongsberg CAD Table, or similar tools.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Programs, Studio or similar programs.
- Experience with Windows, MAC and Microsoft Office programs.
- Drafting education or experience.
Able to read and follow instructions on factory masters.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
The individual must have a working knowledge of the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Product layouts and production specifications
- Product quality specifications
- Quality standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical
parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Lift and move corrugated sheets as necessary. Lift and move cutting and printing dies as necessary.
The performance of the employee will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and their superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding their behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Creativity - this will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans