Why Work For Pratt?
Pratt Industries is the world's largest privately held producer of 100% recycled containerboard used for packaging and displays. We believe in doing the right work the right way, and we are growing!
If you can work safely, show up for yourself and your teammates each day, and display the right attitude, you can build a career that can take you from the operation floor to senior leadership. The opportunity is yours.
Assistant Machine Operator
Rate of Pay - Starting at $17-$18/hour, MORE with experience
Full-time year round jobs with a growing manufacturing company - NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, but experience in paper or packaging is a HUGE plus!
Perks of Pratt?
- Holiday pay starts immediately
- Insurance benefits and wellness reimbursement program within ONE MONTH of hire
- 3 Months: 401(k) with match
- 6 Months: PAID vacation days
- 12 Months: FULL tuition reimbursement and PAID childbearing and parenting leave
What do Assistant Machine Operators do at Pratt Industries?
Our Assistant Machine Operators help with all aspects of turning recycled paper into sheets of paper and board and getting them to our customers! Think boxes for Domino’s pizzas, moving with Home Depot, Amazon deliveries, paper bags, and more! (And yes, we make those!) Responsibilities include:
- Performing a variety of tasks in the assigned department. Possible to be in multiple areas of the plant during the week working on varied projects and customer orders.
- Housekeeping and cleaning of work areas – keep clean and free of tripping hazards during shift and end of shift cleaning of the area. In addition, good housekeeping of areas employee utilizes; break rooms, bathrooms, refrigerators etc.
- Helping Machine Operators drive machine efficiencies, limiting production waste and downtime. Do not sacrifice quality for machine speeds – must have both excellent quality and high efficiencies with minimal downtime.
- Strong desire to learn and grow in a state-of-the-art, fast-paced environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of pre-employment background and drug screen.
- Work overtime as required.
Jump on the path of a lifelong career! Click apply to start the process!
What’s it like working here?
Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear.
Frequently required to use hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
Frequently exposed to wet, hot, and/or humid conditions.
Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.