Pratt Industries - one of the country's leading sustainable packaging companies - is looking for an enthusiastic, hands-on, Human Resources leader to manager the HR function of our Newnan Specialties plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all phases of employment including advertising, recruiting, and interviewing, testing, placement of personnel, orientation programs, exit interviews, and unemployment compensation hearings.
- Strong recruiting experience
- Investigate hotline calls, employee complaints to seek positive resolution in a speedy manner.
- Administer all employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, FMLA and vacation, paid sick leave.
- Serve as primary source of contact to managers, employees, working under the supervision of the Regional HR Manager and dotted line to the Divisional HR Manager on all human resource related matters.
- Maintain and update personnel files and I-9 files
- Compute, post, and maintain reports related to employee leave and absentees.
- Assist with processing biweekly payroll
- Assist in managing Temporary Agencies supplying labor to the plant. And hold the Temporary Agencies accountable to Pratt Industries Hiring Criteria.
- Support local Manufacturing Management team with Employee Engagement initiatives.
- New hire orientations
- Work with Safety Manager regarding Safety Training, Safety Engagements, or Injury Investigations.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to do some travel to any other location Divisional HR Manager designates on as needed basis.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and serve multiple locations.
- Participation in daily/weekly Production meetings, Safety meetings, employee meetings, and or conference calls.
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead or participate in an effective and efficient meeting.
Strong recruiting skills – Heavy volume of recruiting
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative.
- Three to Five years’ experience as a HR generalist or HR Manager.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Three to Five year's experience in Manufacturing environment
- Computer literate (proficient in MS Word, MS Excel)
- Preferred BS degree in HR Management/Business Mgmt.
- ADP Payroll experience
- Preferred SPHR or PHR certification
Ability to read and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating and maintenance instructions, regulatory laws and manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Computer literate (MS Office including Word and Excel)
Proficient knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations
Preferred Candidates with experience with ADP
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, sit and stand. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can be, at times, loud.