TITLE: Digital and Cad Table OperatorSUMMARY
Responsible for maintaining and operating the Cad Table and Digital Printer in the Specialty Division.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operating and maintaining the Cad Table and Digital Printer. Work with and support the creative department to insure on time completion of projects.
- Make samples on CAD table or cut samples by hand.
- The ability to understand and maintain project workflow.
- Meet time schedules on projects with possible overtime involved.
- Responsible for ordering any and all necessary supplies needed to maintain the equipment as well as sample stock sheets.
- Work safely at all times, be aware of surroundings and understand and comply with Pratt Industries Safety rules, operating procedures, and help hold co-workers responsible for safety related items. Participate in Plant Safety Committee.
- Follow at all times GMPs (Good Manufacturing Processes)
- Learn and comply with Pratt Industries quality procedures and policies. Stop bad quality from leaving the facility to the Customer. Catch it on the front end of manufacturing the product. Strong attention to detail for poor quality; prevent bad quality being sent to customer.
- Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed. Improve set up times daily, improve downtime daily. Identify and address mechanical concerns and report to Production Supervisor or Production Manager or Plant Mechanical Tech/Specialist
- Housekeeping and cleaning of work areas – keep clean and free of tripping hazards during shift and end of shift cleaning of the area. In addition, good housekeeping of areas employee utilizes; break rooms, bathrooms, refrigerators etc.
- Learn and understand capability and capacity of machine and drive efficiencies limiting waste and downtime. Do not sacrifice quality for machine speeds – must have both excellent quality and high efficiencies with minimal downtime.
- Cross-train on other machines and learns other positions in the plant.
- Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data.
- Turn in maintenance work order requests to supervision for needed repairs on the machine or machines. Be proactive in the maintenance and housekeeping of equipment.
- Switch duties with co-workers as necessary. Learning environment to learn as many job duties to assist with plant growth and personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary, sometimes on short notice. We serve our customers 24x7 – 365 days a year and sometimes work on holidays not avoidable.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Good communicator with customers and sales staff.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
1+ years work experience in packaging or a related field (schooling included).
Knowledge of Artios CAD, Kongsberg table, Xante Printer, or similar equipment.
Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office programs.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy. Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate. Able to apply concepts of high school math.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form. Ability to deal with problems involving one or more concrete variables in standardized situations.
Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
Product layouts and production specifications
Product quality specifications
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Lift and move corrugated sheets as necessary. Lift and move cutting and printing dies as necessary.
Operating standards - the employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the employee.
Personal growth - while the company will provide the tools to assist the employee to grow professionally the responsibility for moving forward lies with the individual. Each year there will be goals developed and agreed to by the employee and his/her superior.
Employee relations - through observations the employee will be evaluated regarding his/her behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans