This position will focus on the development of new products and technologies to advance the capabilities of Pratt Industries to serve their customer base across a wide range of industries. From paper production to complex thermal packaging and beyond, Pratt is constantly pushing the boundaries to discover new solutions to age-old problems. Pratt has a culture of moving fast and working in teams to achieve goals. The ability to work well with others under stressful conditions is critical.
Lab Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare and perform cold chain tests with various different food products.
- Strong general understanding of technology.
- Keep the lab space clean, sterilized, and organized.
- Import and organize data in excel.
- Document all photos and steps of each test performed.
Laboratory Technician Qualifications/Skills:
- Willingness to learn new equipment and techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to solve basic technical problems.
- Direct experience with the use of spreadsheets to compile data.
- Ability to execute tasks with minimal oversight
- Highly organized and precise.
- Ability to occasionally handle boxes weighing up to 60lbs.
- Ability to spot trends over multiple tests.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Hands-on physical approach to solving problems
- Experience with technology
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, manuals, regulations, and codes. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, and outside officials to the company
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, volume, and net present value.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job on the manufacturing floor, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.