Pratt is America’s 5th Largest Corrugated Packaging Company and the world’s largest, privately-held 100% recycled paper and packaging company, with more than 4000 highly-skilled, green-collar employees dedicated to the environment and sustainability.
POSITION: Quality Supervisor
LOCATION: DAYTON, OH
Reports to: Quality Manager
This role is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in the coordination, facilitation, and implementing of quality assurance standards and systems for the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the quality technicians in daily and weekly requirements.
- Management of the quality complaint tracking system
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Support the quality training program for all departments. Collaborate with supervisors and leads to facilitate and ensure adequate training is provided to all plant personnel.
- Become familiar with the company quality system to effectively train the lead team and plant personnel.
- Follow up with front Line Leadership and become a resource/support on Quality related issues and concerns. Collaborate to complete quality initiatives and get the training done on time.
- Identify training needs by identifying the business goals and regulatory/certification compliance.
- Identify resources needed to provide training & support. Identify employees who could benefit from outside training.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- Related college degree and/or appropriate technical courses or Associate’s (A.A.) degree or combination of experience/education
- 3-5 years experience working in Quality
- Minimum of 2 years experience leading or supervising others
- Computer literate, must be skilled in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Power Point
- Lean Six Sigma experience
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The performance of the employee will be measured based on the following main factors:
- Operating Standards – meet or exceed operating standards set in the areas of quality, cost, safety, customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Personal Growth – Each year, professional goals will be developed and agreed to by the employee and supervisor.
- Employee Relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity – The employee is expected to be active in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
PLEASE APPLY: Careers.PrattIndustries.com