Account Manager Retail Specialty
- Direct management of large national retail customer
- Deliver sustained year over year growth in current account
- Equal focus and understanding of all business units of customer - Retail stores, online, contract. Develop plan for growth & innovation introduction in all channels
- Drive innovation, new product, & packaging improvements with customer and communicate needs of customer internally
- Leverage POS data to drive purchases, store space allocation and customer inventory levels
- Extend into complementary departments in current customer
- Proven track record of developing and executing a sales plan to budgetary goals
- Innovative problem solver; recognizing customer needs, providing alternatives and selling and implementing alternative solutions
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong PC skills and experience using sales tracking software
- Expert MS Office User, specifically MS Word, Excel and PPT
- 1 to 3 years’ experience of solution selling within the corrugated, flexible and/or protective packaging industry focused on large regional or national accounts (Fortune 1000 and similar private).
- Bachelor of science degree and/or equivalent industry experience
- Experience providing custom products and consultative sales solutions based on providing value, not just price driven
- Experience with product sourcing/costing a strong plus
- Six Sigma a strong plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate clearly and effectively.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, proportions, percentages, and volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The performance of the Sales Representative will be measured as follows:
- Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the area of sales and customer service. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the representative.
- Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the representative and supervisor.
- Employee relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication.
- Creativity - This will be evaluated by how active the employee is in participating in advancing the business through new and innovative ideas.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans