Pratt Specialties, a division of Pratt Industries is seeking Project Manager.
The position is responsible for project management of assigned customers or product groups. They will act as the liaison between account management, graphic design, marketing, structure, product development, sourcing, preproduction, production, assembly and shipping making sure the assigned project remains on its critical path. They will work with the account management contact, to clarify customer questions, secure necessary approvals (artwork, mechanicals, ink matches, proofs, and physical product samples) and relay development and production status on each job.
- Organize and lead kick-off meetings for new projects (based on scope and customer need).
- Establish Project Plans (tasks & schedule) and gather related data for downstream tasks (New Item Set-up, BOM’s, Fab Cards/Work Instructions, Purchase Requisitions, and Testing, etc.).
- Working directly with outside vendors (via Sourcing Group) to source/purchase products and/or components (including packaging, clips and plastic, etc.).
- Coordinate all design & structure resources to deliver desired results.
- Build estimates (labor & material) for projects and provide accurate and complete pricing to the customer.
- Coordinating/communicating on-time delivery with ship to location and customer.
- Effective inventory planning related to new product launch.
- Review quotes and invoicing of project related purchases and assisting in the resolution of receivable and collection issues.
- Documentation of our business and operating process for that customer project and distribution of the information throughout the organization.
- Involvement in special projects as required (marketing, sales support, product development, product refresh, etc,).
- Suggestion of alternative products or services to meet customer needs.
- Work safely at all times, be aware of surroundings and understand and comply with Pratt Industries Safety rules, operating procedures, and help hold co-workers responsible for safety related items. Participate in Plant Safety Committee.
- Follow at all times GMPs (Good Manufacturing Processes)
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary, sometimes on short notice. We serve our customers 24x7 – 365 days a year and sometimes work on holidays not avoidable.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Candidates must have:
- 4 Year Bachelor Degree
- Desired 1-3 years’ experience in the Retail Industry or related field such as product design, printing, corrugated or advertising.
- Understands the basics of printing and converting for packaging and/or displays, as well as product sourcing and development processes.
- Strong Computer Skills (Windows, Email, Word, Excel, Team Work/Project Scheduling)
- Willingness to learn
- Overriding customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong accuracy working with numbers
- Demonstrates leadership ability and can work in a team environment
- Can negotiate skillfully to win concessions without damaging relationships
- Can martial resources (people, support) to get things done
The ideal candidate will have the ability to drive projects to completion in a fast paced, deadline driven environment while maintaining accurate and precise project output (adhering to the process). This position will work both independently and as part of a team and requires a helpful and cooperative attitude, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Ability to read and interpret financial statements, general business periodicals, professional journals, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, volume, and net present value.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer literate (MS Office including Word and Excel as well as ERP software)
Proficient knowledge and application of accounting principles
Quality standards – both ISO and QS
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans