Maintenance Engineer (Automation)
Coordinate the maintenance and repair of a wide variety of production or processing machines and equipment with minimal downtime. Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and ability to fix machinery. Involves checking, setting up, and operating various types of production tools and equipment prior to approving for production use. In addition, maintaining building and facilities. Frequent travel involved for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report to Site Manager, Division Manufacturing Manager, and Operations Managers of any information that may impede the operation of the plant as soon as it becomes known.
- Monitor warranties and service guarantees. Notify personnel of impending expiration dates.
- Assist with training and developing local on-site Mechanical Techs at the locations
- Conduct selective inventory monthly and verify inventory of maintenance parts and supplies at the various plants
- Order parts and supplies as needed especially critical items than can be stored in preparation for unexpected downtime.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program.
- Oversee and plan contract work and installations done by outside vendors.
- Assist in machinery installations and maintain machinery on site visits troubleshooting and helping fix machinery to prevent downtime. (Uptime goal - 98%)
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, safety program, and good housekeeping
- PLC System Support - System maintenance, troubleshooting, and upgrades as needed. Responsibilities include program and logic changes, hardware and software upgrades, system backups, ect. Spare parts inventory management. Allen Bradley Control Logix, Micro Logix, and Siemens Step 7 experience is a plus.
- Requires up to 50% travel
- Oversight and training of new operators
- Assist maintenance techs with work orders on equipment
- Assist with development of SOPs
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College Engineering Degree Required.
- Computer/Data entry skills.
- Demonstrated skills in Electrical and Mechanical Aptitude
- Four years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant trouble shooting machines with heavy experience in electrical,
Mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Electrical & Mechanical Skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 35-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The individual must possess the following:
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener.
- Demonstrated confidence including providing a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
- Professional appearance to support his/her role as a managerial representative of the company.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Veterans/Disabled