POSITION TITLE: SALES REPRESENTATIVE
REPORTS TO: Sales Manager
Location: McAllen, TexasSUMMARY
This position will be based out of Dundee, FL and responsible for developing and servicing new agricultural accounts in Florida.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Qualify and develop new business opportunities within territory.
- Meet or exceed monthly and yearly sales goals as determined by sales budget.
- Build long term customer relationships through servicing, product expertise, and innovation.
- Properly manage customer expectations through the design and sales cycle.
- Setup customer meetings prior to season to obtain accurate forecasts and commitments to make sure customers receive product when needed; help plants minimize season-end inventory.
- Manage a sales funnel and other reporting obligations.
- Assist in preparing annual sales budget forecasts.
- Comply with company policies and procedure.
- Support and/or lead credit and collection initiatives to ensure customers are in compliance with payment terms.
- Represent Pratt at trade shows and customer sponsored events.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Three to five years outside selling experience, 1+ years preferred in agricultural packaging
- Record of success in meeting sales goals
- Willing to travel, work and be accessible on weekends during produce season
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and ability to drive
- Able to load and unload samples from vehicle
- Computer use competency, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have effective organizational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Self-confident and motivated
- Team player
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- College degree
- Experience in the corrugated box industry and/or agricultural industry