The Account Manager plays an important role in developing and maintaining relationships with key retail customers. The Account Manager will lead all activities related to sales and relationship growth, including strategic development, customer specific item creation, sales presentation, analysis, and forecasting. This Account Manager will work across multiple cross-functional teams both internally at Pratt and with the customers.
- Serve as a strategic partner to customer stakeholders with a focus on elevating our presence and maintaining an eye on growth opportunities across the different sales categories.
- Act as the key point of contact with the account, owning the commercial relationship with the customer and managing and addressing daily requests.
- Drive innovation, item expansion, and packaging improvements with customers.
- Develop customer specific plans by working collaboratively with Pratt’s Innovation, Structural Design, Sourcing and Pricing teams.
- Responsible for growing profitable volume year over year to achieve sales objectives and satisfy customer needs.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (Required).
- 3 years of Retail or CPG account management experience.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated use of Retail Link (namely QMS, CTL App, Item360, DSS), AS400, High Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communicator, oral and written (Required.
- Strong attention to detail (Required).
- Ability to work at a fast pace and multi-task.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team-oriented (Required).
- Highly analytical, problem solver, highly organized.
- Demonstrates leadership ability and can work in a team environment.
- Ability to travel for short periods of time.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the company.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer literate (MS Office including Word and Excel as well as ERP software).
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.