Position: Sustainability and Government Affairs Intern
Division: Corporate Sustainability
Home Based Role, this is a remote opportunity.
Pratt Industries’ Sustainability team is looking for a summer intern for 2024. The sustainability intern will act as a valuable member of the team, working hands on with various members on sustainability projects and campaigns. Experiences, projects and responsibilities may include, but not be limited to:
You’ll have hands-on experience with your direct manager and corporate staff during this program. Growing both professionally and personally throughout the program could lead to future post-grad opportunities with Pratt Industries.
- Review relevant environmental regulations and technical/administrative guidance (under development or being issued by state and federal legislatures), to identify impacts on Pratt Industries operations – this may include proposed or in-process legislation around Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR), PFAS and other chemicals.
- Research and analyze data on current sustainability trends and best practices within the industry.
- Assist the sustainability team with Key Performance Indicator data management and review.
- Assist the sustainability team with assessing progress facility KPI reduction targets and quantification of impact overall GHG footprint.
- Participate in lobbying and trade association government affairs and policy calls, drafting comments and talking points on updates to key issues.
- Possible travel to Washington D.C. for in person hill visits.
What we are looking for:
We’re looking for self-starters who are motivated to learn, grow and take on new challenges. Individuals who are flexible, dependable, work well in varying environments and want to make an impact in your community and your company are welcomed here.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Sustainability, Political Science or Policy with an expected graduation date of Fall 2024, Spring 2025 or Fall 2025
- Strong working knowledge of MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to take assignments, work independently and be confident enough to ask questions about unfamiliar technical matters
- Ability to work independently with a moderate level supervision
- Available to work full time (40 hours per week) during defined intern program dates (June-August)
- Interest in pursuing a career in sustainability or environmental management after the completion of degree