Role: Innovation Project Manager
- Leading Pratt VIP (Value Improvement Program) projects
- Spearhead high-value Pratt VIP projects, guiding cross-functional teams towards successful outcomes.
- Adherence to the Pratt VIP process, effectively leveraging developed tools and techniques where applicable.
- Resource management, including determining project needs, assigning team roles and responsibilities.
- Establish clear expectations with both internal resources and clients regarding process flow and deliverables.
- Ensure VIP projects meet or exceed target for turnaround times, from audit initiation to final report delivery.
- Conduct comprehensive presentations of VIP reports to clients and potential customers.
- Act as a pillar of support for local teams in implementing Pratt VIP initiatives.
Intellectual Property and Advancing VIP program capability
- Continuing to provide input on potential process changes to attain continuous
improvement of the VIP program itself
- Developing, evaluating and updating tools for the VIP projects that will give a competitive edge to Pratt against the competition.
- Provide input of key financial metrics for the innovation tracker
- Provide input on any ideas that may have scalability or reapplication potential
- Determine if ideas generated throughout VIP projects have IP potential and trigger IP process
Packaging Systems, Innovation and Design Support, Networking
- Provide support in innovation activities, including design, testing facilitation, and collaboration on packaging system automation projects.
- Expand and maintain a network of resources in machinery and materials to bolster the VIP program, staying abreast of supply chain automation and optimization innovations.
Skills, Experience and Background:
- Engineering background, BS degree or higher in packaging science, engineering or mechanical engineering.
- We are looking for a candidate with 10 years or more experience in corrugated industry. Knowledge of packaging systems, end of line automation systems will be preferable.
- Communication skills, project management skills for managing cross functional teams, analytical skills, packaging engineering and design skills are the key skills for this role.