To enhance customer relationships by providing joint value in cost, sustainability, throughput, technical support, idea development, testing and training. This position is based in Chicago, IL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with teams within the customer and Pratt Industries to Create, Evolve, Develop, Support, and Launch value projects.
- Present to Pratt leadership and customer senior leadership, communicating opportunities of value enhancement and updating ongoing projects.
- Win support for value projects and gain project launches as the beginning of execution and completion.
- Consult on projects both within and outside your sponsored projects.
- Publish/present reports on all project status.
- Submit abbreviated business plans for project launches.
- Steer Project teams to achieve successful and timely completion of projects
- Support Pratt Technical teams with key information to support Pratt manufacturing facilities.
- Provide technical support to customer Subject Matter Experts and Packaging Engineers.
- Regularly attend customer meeting and disseminate key information for Projects.
- Calculate sustainability of customer projects related to corrugated and other paperboard materials.
- Create CAD drawings as needed for various projects.
- Provide stacking strength analysis to support projects.
- Conduct various trials to evaluate new designs and materials.
- Conduct laboratory testing to support new concepts and ideas.
- Create pallet patterns utilizing customer guidelines.
4-year Engineering degree – preferred
Alternatively, 8-years Corrugated Package Designer Experience
- Experience working with the beverage industry and experience packaging glass, PET and R-PET bottles.
- Experience with ArtiosCad including 3D and sample making
- Experience with TOPS pallet patterns
- Experience using of Microsoft Products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Publisher
- Experience using Google Sheets, Calendar, Drive, Gmail, Docs and Meet
- Experience with Zoom and Meet
- Experience using a project database
- Experience teaching and presenting in front of both small and large groups
- Experience with calculating top load case strength and balancing total case strength
- Experience using lab equipment such as compression machines, caliper tester and vibration table.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of corrugated manufacturing and industry quality standards
- Comprehensive knowledge of Rule 41 and Item 222 as well as LCBO standards
- Thorough knowledge of fiberboard cartons, dividers and partitions
- Thorough knowledge customer machine equipment: case forming, divider inserting, wraparound form-fill-seal, tray-formers, and drop packers.
- General knowledge of spirits distribution and beer distribution
- General Knowledge of ISTA testing and applications
- Working knowledge of Drink IQ or a similar alcohol related programs
- Ability to maintain communication and work utilizing the customer’s computer system and email/calendar simultaneous with the Pratt system.
- Ability to keep projects organized and tasks clearly in focus
- Ability to work in a multiple team environments simultaneously
- Ability to work from both customer office and home office
- Ability to work during non-standard office hours
- Ability to travel internationally and observe local customs
- Ability to lift cases up to 50lbs
- Ability to move large corrugated sheet material