Group Treasurer you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the Company's financial standing by guiding financial policies, assessing risks, determining funding opportunities, and advising on investment opportunities. This position requires a deep understanding of financial markets, risk management, liquidity management, capital structure and international financial regulations. The position will serve as a member of the Finance Leadership Team and collaborate closely across the finance department to ensure effective cash management, financial risk mitigation, and capital deployment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Strategic, Financial and Operational Planning and Execution
- Assess and recommend improvements to the company’s capital structure to optimize cost of capital, balance financial risk, and support growth initiatives.
- Lead the assessment of the financial implications of mergers and acquisitions, capital investments, and other strategic initiatives.
- Manage the company's cash flows, ensuring that there is sufficient liquidity to meet operational needs and strategic objectives. This includes overseeing cash forecasting, optimizing cash positions, and managing bank relationships.
- Identify day-to-day operations improvements to improve internal efficiencies, increase internal controls and reduce risks.
- Develop and implement strategies to manage financial and operational risks related to currency fluctuations and interest rate exposures.
- Monitor and analyze market trends to proactively identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Implement hedging strategies to mitigate the impact of foreign exchange and interest rate fluctuations. Evaluate foreign exchange risk and risk mitigation strategies including fx hedging opportunities.
- Establish and maintain financial risk management policies, procedures, and guidelines; ensure compliance with applicable regulations, reporting requirements, and disclosure standards.
External Financial Relations
- Manage external relationships with financial institutions and 3rd party service providers to optimize service and cost.
- Maintain and cultivate relationships with existing lenders, while onboarding new strategic lenders to support the growth of our organization.
- Actively respond to lenders requests for information.
Compliance and Regulatory Reporting
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations and reporting requirements related to treasury activities. This includes staying updated on relevant regulatory changes and implementing necessary controls and procedure.
- 10-12 years minimum of Finance and/or Accounting or Treasury required
- Strong broad-based knowledge of capital and currency markets, accounting, finance, and tax
- Excellent business-savvy; ability to influence and collaborate with senior level leaders
- Collaborative team player with a hands-on approach; a roll-up-the-sleeves mentality
- Strong track record of success in driving execution and delivering business results
- Solid analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, for dealing with company funds and managing substantial contracts and capital funding projects
- Advanced education or certification such as MBA, CTP, or CFA is preferred