POSITION TITLE: PURCHASING CLERK
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
Responsible for administrative support to the Maintenance department including source and purchase parts, generate plant POs, manage the iMaintenance CMMS system, and maintain inventory records.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and maintain spare parts inventory.
- Enter consumed part tags into iMaint system.
- Generate purchase orders in SAP and iMaint.
- Receive materials and maintain packing slips.
- Re-order spare parts, order new parts and consumables daily.
- Pick-up daily parts locally as needed.
- Conduct monthly inventory cycle counts.
- Maintain MSDS & SDS records on applicable materials.
- Maintain inventory shelves and aisles in a neat and orderly manner
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be computer literate and capable of learning different software
- Must be able to organize time and duties to complete in a timely manner
- Must be able to interface well with vendors and both internal and external customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED
One year general office experience
Computer literate and experience with MS Word and MS Excel
Excellent communication skills
Ability to handle confidential information
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
Two years of college level courses or more
Excellent organizational skills
Needs a solid understanding of both written & spoken English. Excellent writing skills, including spelling and grammar. Ability to compose business correspondence. Excellent phone communication skills.
Must be able to count & perform simple mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division)
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, sit and stand. The employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must be able to lift 10 pounds continuously for prolonged periods and occasionally bend and lift up to 50 pounds The employee is occasionally required to sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be at times exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
The performance of the Maintenance Support Assistant will be measured as follows:
Operating standards - The employee will need to meet or exceed the Operating Standards set in the area of administration. Such standards will be set annually and communicated to the assistant.
Personal growth - Each year there will be professional goals developed and agreed to by the assistant and manager.
Employee relations – The employee will be evaluated regarding behaviors associated with appropriate human interaction, respect and communication