POSITION: PROCESS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: General Manager
Lead and manage continual process improvement projects for the purpose of optimizing cross-functional performance using Lean and Six Sigma techniques. Responsible for identifying projects, evaluating resources and implementing process change, including necessary documentation, procedures & training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the management team to evaluate current processes.
- Propose improvements and reasonable hypotheses to be tested and evaluated by management.
- Implement and document new and improved processes and train all affected employees.
- Monitor employees to ensure compliance to all current procedures and processes.
- Oversee a systematic approach to assuring high quality service and product consistency to the customer base.
- Recommend process-related design changes and identify opportunities to improve existing procedures, working instructions and related tools to best meet the requirements of an evolving workflow process and product market.
- Lead multi-functional teams to identify and focus on core business enhancement opportunities and customer satisfaction.
- Identify, analyze, and implement solutions to business problems and ensure that corrective & preventive action processes achieve their primary objective of satisfying the customer, reducing cost and increasing efficiency.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- College Degree
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Techniques
- Program management experience
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Prior work experience in corrugated packaging industry
- Literate in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access; good verbal and written communication skills; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts;
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry;
- Ability to determine data needs and collect, assess and convert data into statistical information using statistical summaries, regression analyses, pareto diagrams, etc.; and ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit.
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.