Pratt Industries - a sustainable packaging company - is looking for a highly skilled, safety-conscious Maintenance leader ready to manage the Maintenance Department of the newest, state-of-the-art Henderson Corrugator!
Quick Benefits! (we know you wanted to know!)
- Paid Holidays from DAY ONE
- Insurance benefits and wellness reimbursement program within ONE MONTH of hire
- 3 Months: 401(k) with match
- 12 months: FULL tuition reimbursement and PAID childbearing/parenting leave
Other Perks of Pratt
- Plentiful opportunities for growth and learning
- Stable employment in a thriving industry
- Hands-on Management with a strong respect for the Maintenance department
- Becoming a member of the Pratt family - a company that truly cares
The Maintenance Manager leads the Maintenance department with the end goals of safety and minimum downtime. Primarily, this involves coordinating the maintenance repair of the production/processing machines and equipment of the entire Corrugator facility through checking, setting up, and operating various types of production tools and equipment prior to approving for production use.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor warranties and service guarantees.
- Communicate with other departments
- Conduct selective inventory monthly and verify with computerized inventory of maintenance parts and supplies.
- Locate O.E.M. manufacturers and after-market distributors in order to obtain competitive costs on parts or improved service.
- Initiate and/or maintain a cost-effective preventive maintenance program.
- Monitor water treatment of boiler in the corrugator area.
- Conduct weekly Production/Safety meetings with department personnel.
- Improve career skills by enrolling yourself in seminars, technical courses, and related college courses
- Must be on call twenty-four hours a day.
- Assist in selection, evaluation, and installation of capital and expense projects.
- Implement, maintain, and support all company policies and procedures, including safety programs and good housekeeping.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
- Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department.
- Establish high morale throughout your department by showing fairness, consistency, and an interest in employee problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing applicants; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Computer/Data entry skills.
- Demonstrated personnel supervisory skills.
- Four years maintenance experience in a manufacturing plant.
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- College and/or related technical courses.
- Five years experience in the corrugated box industry with heavy experience in electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electricity.
- Leadership Skills
- Time management
- Crisis management
- Teaching, training, and coaching
- Interpersonal communication
- Employee relations
- Language Skills
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Mathematical Skills
- Able to read a tape measure with speed and accuracy.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, measurement, volume and rate.
- Able to apply concepts of high school math.
- Technical Skills
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation. This also supports the supervisor's role of teacher and trainer for his/her personnel.
- Cost issues in order to make daily decisions that will reduce overall costs and will help the supervisor find areas that require improvement.
- Quality standards.
- Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA, DEQ and EEO.
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- May be required to maintain a current Lift Truck Operator License and/or other appropriate certification to work in certain areas or on certain equipment
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.