Pratt Paper (KY), LLC. has a need for an Assistant Production Manager at its new Henderson, KY location. Pratt Industries is building a twin headbox 1500 TPD paper machine for making linerboard and corrugating medium in addition to a process waste water pretreatment facility.SCOPE-
The Assistant Production Manager provides leadership and guidance with the ability to influence positive change throughout the production department within the facility. This position will assist in leading safety, quality, waste, productivity, and staff development. The Assistant Production Manager must be able to manage different levels of experience and provide recommendations for improvement. Additionally, must be able to analyze data to determine root causes of efficiency deficits and drive improvements to achieve the best possible outcome for Pratt Paper (KY), LLC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)-
The Assistant Production Manager’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain top level safety and housekeeping in the plant
- Assist in the oversight of all production employees and supervisors
- Process & production optimization
- Energy use reduction projects
- Monthly and annual shut preparations
- Efficiently reducing downtime/ Efficiently increasing machine uptime
- Increasing daily tonnage produced
- Mill operational cost control/ Specialty chemical cost controls
- Make recommendations and assist in capital planning and budget development
- Interfacing with non-exempt team members to transfer knowledge, skills, & expertise
- Help oversee the operation of entire production department as well as maintain quality, efficiencies and production levels to high industry standards to facilitate making profits.
- Evaluate new trends (production methods and machinery, personnel development, safety programs, etc) within the manufacturing industry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE-
The educational requirements are a four (4) year Bachelor of Science in Pulp and Paper Science,
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, or related field or real world experience equivalent to the above mentioned educational background.
At least 5+ years of manufacturing experience in various paper mills required
Candidates are PREFERRED who offer the following:
- Experience working on multiple paper machines
- Experience working with multiple stock preparation systems
- Experience working in a pulp mill
- Experience working in old paper mills (pre-1990’s equipment)
- Experience working in new paper mills (2000- present equipment)
- Experience with multiple paper machine start-ups
- Experience with project/machine design for start-ups and upgrades
- Experience with high mixed waste recycle
The candidate must speak and write English at a college level
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, manuals, regulations, and codes
Ability to write business reports and correspondence
Ability to communicate effectively with suppliers, contractors, and employees
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
The candidate must be able to understand and use simple conversions and algebraic formulas
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, and volume
Able to apply concepts of algebra and geometry along with basic math (adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing)
The candidate must be able to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and chemical systems
Ability to gather information and perform root cause analysis and problem solving
Ability to create reports for review by upper management
Ability to lead teams in waste reduction efforts
Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Advanced knowledge and experience in paper making, process engineering and plant operations.
To include: Raw Materials, Stock Preparation equipment and water systems, Approach Flow and water systems, Vacuum Systems, Fourdrinier table management, pressing equipment including size press
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, & REQUIREMENTS-
Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (glasses, ear plugs, shoes, gloves, etc…)
Drug testing/screening, background checks, physical exam, I-9 & E-verify, and reference checks
Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead to a successful resolution
Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA and EEO
Employee is regularly required to walk, talk, and hear
Employee is frequently required to stand, climb ladders, bend and kneel
The employee is occasionally required to sit
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Employee will be measured on the performance goals established by the mill Production Manager.