Manages, plans and coordinates, through staff of skilled, semiskilled and unskilled trade employees, activities concerned with the operation, repair and maintenance of facility, equipment, building(s), and grounds to minimize interruption and improve efficiency. Plans and oversees such matters and the development of the facility, formulation of operating rules, regulations, and procedures. Helps to develop procedures for use in event of accidents, fires, or other emergencies. Inspects plant facilities or supervises building service personnel. Assigns workers to duties such as maintenance, repair or renovation and may obtain bids for additional work from outside contractors. Plans and administers building department budget. Compiles records of labor and material cost for operating building and issues cost report to management. Reviews reports of expenditures for previous fiscal year and proposed improvements to facilities in order to prepare budget estimates for upcoming fiscal year. Purchases building and maintenance supplies, machinery, equipment and furniture. May direct contracted projects to ensure adherence to specifications. May be responsible for procurement of utilities or operations of utility systems.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
Quality Standards Programs
- Administrates Pratt Industries USA Quality Program
- Is involved in employee quality meetings.
- Ensures continual improvement of quality standards
- Provides proper materials and producing components, products, and systems on the most economical profitable basis possible consistent with quality standards.
- Directs the processing of all materials entering the plant at the most economical cost, with prescribed quality, accuracy and performance standards.
- Reports obsolescence of equipment and facilities and submits recommendations regarding replacements or improvements including cost data on return of capital outlay.
- Reviews and reports on facility and equipment condition with regard to current Governmental requirements.
- Ensures that plant property is kept in good repair and appearance as economically as possible. Submits recommendations for improvement essential to effective operations.
- Directs the proper utilization of all plant tools, equipment facilities.
- Submits periodic reports to the Director of Operations on current status of various responsibilities, reporting and making recommendations in cases of unsatisfactory results in an effort to improve efficiency, effectiveness and quality.
- Chairs safety committee meetings.
- Ensures safety standards are followed.
- OSHA standards
- Pratt Industries USA standards
- Conducts safety meetings as required
- Ensures that housekeeping standards are enforced
- Files monthly plant financial reports.
- Ensures the plant operates at a profit.
- Keeps unnecessary expenses down, productivity high.
- Provides necessary statistics and anticipated operating basis for determining
- Operating expense budgets.
- Maintains positive employee relation, administrates the compensation and the employee programs as they affect the overall plant.
- Is responsible for selection, training and professional development of plant manufacturing management.
- Administers the Incentive and Points System, in conformance with the plant’s incentive policies and the applicable practices and procedure.
- Participates in grievances and proceedings.
- Completes Performance Evaluations for machine operators.
- Keeps track of employee activities, i.e. absences, overtime, etc.
Public and Customer Relations
- Conducts plant tours.
- Speaks with groups about Pratt Industries USA and the recycling industry.
- Maintains contact with vendors and customers, including contracting entity, (i.e. county, municipality, etc.).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: All Plant Employees
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or High School diploma with equivalent experience
- Safety Process and experience in safety conduct, procedures and protocols
- Supervision of all levels of plant employees
- Managing Processes.
- ADP & SAP experience
- Process Improvement.
- Production Planning.
- A broad and in-depth knowledge of such matters as labor relations, manufacturing/operations methods, production planning, and quality programs.
- Professional Attitude & conduct
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
- High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when and if required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by PRATT Safety and OSHA.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
- Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into Pratt Recycling, Inc.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.