Position Summary: Employees must be able to safely and accurately operate forklift, and baler machine to pick up and recycle waste.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
- Able to safely operate forklift to pick up waste pallets and carts.
- Identify waste ticket placed on units by supervisor and weigh unit on scale.
- Accurately input weight on waste ticket and baler summary sheet.
- Place waste safely into the baler.
- Replace bale wire on machine, as needed.
- Troubleshoot baler issues immediately.
- Thorough and proper housekeeping standards within the whole plant, but main focus in baler room.
- Weigh recycled bale(s) as they come out of baler, then load onto trailer.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail.
- Ability to add, subtract, & multiply
- Able to work extended work hours and weekends, as needed
- Able to work in varying temperatures
- Professional Attitude & conduct
- Ability to reconcile all work before it is turned into supervisor.
- Follow all company policies per Employee Handbook & Code of Conduct.
- Follow all company safety guidelines.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- HS Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of forklift experience required.
- Previous Baler Operator experience preferred.
- Professional Attitude & conduct to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Multi-task, interpersonal communication, problem solving, and time management skills are needed.
- High degree of safety awareness and safety discipline
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and the policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by PRATT Safety and OSHA.
- Willing to travel and work away from home when and if required.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- You will be expected to be flexible to the needs of our business, as we continually strive to meet and exceed the needs of our customers.
- Random and Suspicion Drug tests are performed
- Please be aware that you must successfully complete a drug screen and background check in order to be hired into the Pratt Industries.
- Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.