Job Description: Sales Manager
Responsible for the development and monitoring of sales initiatives, sales volume, and product mix. Oversees company sales force, technical sales representatives and designers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor sales volume and product mix for maximum plant profitability.
Oversee management of positions and departments related to sales and design.
- Working knowledge of profit and loss statements and estimating. Responsible for determining the profit level of box products based on production capabilities.
- Monitor market changes and make necessary recommendations for equipment, personnel, product mix, and product inventory changes as needed.
Recruit, select, and assist in training of new sales staff members.
- Educate, develop, and motivate sales staff.
- Actively entertain and engage customers by traveling with the sales staff.
- Enforce procedures to ensure the quality of work done by the sales and design staff.
- Maintain customer contact with all major accounts.
- Prepare annual budget and sales forecasts as needed.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year College Degree or equivalent work history in the industry
- Ten years of selling experience, preferably in the corrugated industry
- Directly supervises all employees assigned to the department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conflict resolution; team building; coaching and leading employees to improve; addressing complaints and resolving problems; documentation; and setting an example of superior behavior, attitude and performance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as sales reports, operating instructions, and training and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to make effective PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of an organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, costs, profits, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or graphic form.
- Ability to negotiate positive outcomes for both Pratt and our customers.
Employee is regularly required to walk and talk and hear, stand, and sit. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The individual must possess the following;
- Superior time management skills including the ability to manage multiple issues concurrently and the ability to lead an effective and efficient meeting.
- Teaching skills in order to function effectively as a teacher and motivator for his personnel both in the sales and administrative parts of the position.
- Must have the ability to open doors & sell accounts. Market knowledge of the area is helpful.
- Excellent crisis manager who demonstrates that he/she has a high emotional control under adverse conditions and can lead his/her personnel to a successful resolution.
- Excellent employee relations skills including being an active listener, understanding how to appraise personnel, applying both positive and corrective feedback, being able to resolve conflicts either involving the supervisor directly or as a third party, understands and demonstrates positive motivational skills including coaching and delegation techniques.
- Demonstrated confidence and extremely driven and motivated person who has a consistent leadership style with an acceptable level of professional assertiveness.
Pratt Industries provides equal employment (and affirmative action) opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veterans status, or disability.