As a fully integrated member of the team, packaging sales interns at Pratt Industries have the opportunity to work closely with all members of our operations including the General Manager, Sales Manager, Customer Service Manager and Design Manager. Interns will lead projects and participate in activities to learn design, production, sales, and quality within the manufacturing environment.
- Travel within territory with the sales team to call on customers.
- Understand how to build sales funnel by prospecting and developing cold calls into opportunities.
- Service existing accounts by improving the buying experience of our customers in every transaction.
- Develop strong personal relationships with customers.
- Coordinate with plant based design, quality, and customer service personnel to exceed customer expectations.
- Develop expert knowledge of products, machine limitations and costing variables in order to be an effective packaging consultant.
- Get accurate customer specifications in regards to specific orders and new opportunities.
- Orchestrate any required testing to assure viability of packaging design.
- Spend time on the manufacturing floor, learning how to run machines, learn production scheduling, and understand the flow of material through the facility.
Qualifications/Knowledge & Experience
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritize workload.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and willingness to learn.
- Work within, and contribute to, a team environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Be enrolled in college education or heavy college coursework in the field of drafting, packaging science, design, and engineering.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The individual will be open to learning the following:
- Equipment design and capabilities that can be translated into efficient operation.
- Cost issues in order to make daily decisions that will reduce overall costs and will help the supervisor find areas that require improvement.
- Budget development, adherence and analysis.
- Quality standards.
- Regulatory requirements including but not limited to wage and hour requirements, environmental and waste minimization, company policies, and personnel requirements including OSHA, DEQ and EEO.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit and stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.